Sunday, July 8, 2012

P.Noval's Rockstar

Two Saturday's ago, Wes and I decided to eat along P. Noval St. (there are a lot of food places since it's near UST). As we approached the street, there seemed to be a party of some sort. Long tables were lined in the street (P.Noval is closed as a portion of it is under construction), you can hear people laughing from afar (mostly students), you see them feasting on their lunch and a long queue outside one of the eatery's called Mang Tootz.
Wes asked me if I wanted to eat there since there were a lot of people and we had to wait in line (I was really hungry that time). I told him that I was willing to wait and I cannot pass up the chance to taste the food these people are lining-up for.



There were a lot of options to choose from (sorry no pics, there were to much people in line to stop and take a photo) and the service is pretty fast. The food is very affordable too, no wonder students flock there to eat lunch. 


Our orders: liempo and chopsuey. I love!
Beef with mushroom, house soup is misua
Sisig and dessert (like mini turons, I forgot what they're called)
 You buy your drinks at the sari-sari store beside it.


 Visit Mang Tootz at:


  While in line, I heard the students whispering, "nandyan pala si Mang Tootz!" I peeked and saw a jolly guy in red serving meals (ala Santa!?). 

The student in front of us in line got confused with his orders (with the pressure of all these people waiting in line), and it took him quite a bit of time to figure it out. Mang Tootz, patiently smiled at the boy and said, "ok lang yan, minsan nagkakamali talaga tayo" then he raised his hand to the kid for a high five, just like a rockstar.


P.S. All the photos were taken from my camera phone so they're a bit blurry.





No comments:

Post a Comment